My brother teaches grade schoolers animation. This is their most recent animation. They animate in poser. Yes I know the abhorrence many blender heads have for poser, but my brother has tried to teach them blender's user interface and it isn't really meant for grade school kids (I sort of wish someone would put together a UI for blender that was, but hey, you can't have everything). So anyway, we exported out the animations as MDD files (had to buy a script to do it) The MDD exporter didn't work very well and I dare say we will never use this method again although there's nothing fundamentally wrong with it, the poser export script just wasn't production ready. I submitted a patch to the MDD exporter for blender and Campbell incorporated it into trunk (thanks Campbell), but he didn't accept my transposition selector so I had to tweak the trunk version so people didn't come in rotated or flipped. Anyway once we got the pipeline working it worked great, unfortunately MDD takes a LOT of Ram so you need a 64 bit operating system and at least 4 gigs although on my quad I had 8 for some of the really big shots. Anyway, my brother did all of the extraneous shots in Vue, which does great landscapes but takes FOREVER to render. The blender stuff rendered like blazes compared to Vue. So all of the shots in this film that take place at the river are rendered in blender and all the others are the kids drawings or Vue.

A quick thank you to 0ptikz for his/her great sky texture:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/show...ck-for-Blender

All Done in Blender internal...